Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I did it my way (for approx 15 years)

Here is something from my "private blog" days.  Sounds, weird, I know, but it was when I would type up some stuff that I was thinking about and then save it to my computer.  The end, goodnight, no soup for you.  So I'm dustin' this puppy off for your reading pleasure. I love the characters I have pictured here, some of the funniest ever, elderly or not.  Guess being old (even at 23?) isn't always bad...

                                                              

I feel like such an old lady.  My back is all kinds of screwed up, too much caffeine (aka too much iced tea) makes me crazy, I have acid reflux, bad hips, I need shoes with actual support and my boobs are growing to the point where I am one size away from needing a full-body Mormon underwear suit.  I wonder if the sex sheet with a wang-hole comes with that...  For Pete's sake, I've even had shingles TWICE. 

The fact that I just had to list all of my ailments proves my point even further.  It’s like in Sixteen Candles (1984) when Sam asks her grandparents how they are and sends them into a diatribe about corns and bad backs and hot water bottles.  Except I’m 23, so it’s not endearing, it’s sad.  I know it’s rough for the older ones, and by no means funny (at least all the time), but at least most of them had a good go-around in their youth.  Mine has already begun!  I’m going to show up to my ten-year high school reunion in orthotics with a hip replacement and a hearing aid, because, oh yea, I can never hear anything either.  I wrote once that my body was just trying to make me pure so I had to adhere to all these healthy guidelines, but it’s looking more and more like my body is trying to kill me off.  Which, to be honest, I guess all of our bodies are decaying as we speak, some just more rapidly than others AHEM.  Pleasant, no?  But as long as I Grace Kelly my way out, flying around a mountain in a sports car, I’m cool with it.  I guess.  Shit.  Too soon?  See, I said I was old. Grace Kelly’s death is still pertinent to me.

Au revoir, Pee Wee!  Gotta finish my pea soup before my Metamucil sets in and I have my scheduled bowel movement.  Can’t have my hernia acting up again.  Oy vey..... Doh!


flowers & sunshine & Metamucil for all,

bunny

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I am so glad this popped up on my mini feed JoJo!! absolutely hilarious!! you are so expressive in your writing that it brought me right back to 4 west memories...sitting around telling stories! hahah! keep writing! :)