Friday, March 11, 2011

When the dog bites, when the bee stings

Good Afternoon!

First, let me start my post by saying please send your thoughts & prayers & maybe even a $10 donation to the Red Cross for Japan.  Also send some good vibes to our peeps on the West coast & Hawaii so they don't have the same magnitude of disaster on their hands.  They are all on my mind, so to make myself feel better, I am going to do a list of my current favorite things that make my workday better:



Lean Cusine Santa Fe-Style Rice & Beans

These are amazing when I am running late (not uncommon) and I haven't had time to make a lunch for myself (again, not unusual).  It is actually really good for a light vegetarian frozen dinner.  If you want to jazz it up, you could always bring tortillas to work with you or chips or guac or something, but I usually just do the beans & something else.









Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds Dark Choc flavor

These are SO GOOD and they actually only have 1g of sugar & no more sodium or fat than the regular Emerald dry roasted almonds.  So indulge & get a little sweetness.  Remember that almonds have lots of protein so great to keep you chugging 'til you can eat a real meal, but there is lots of fat, so take it easy too.  I usually just fill the cap & eat that & then close them away until next snack time.









My office plant


It has gotten HUGE since I got it.  And it was only $3.99 at Wright's IGA by my apartment.  I don't know what it is about me & tropical plants, but they LOVE me.  And I love them.  Thanks for the memories.







Company receptionist

The lady that works at the front desk in front of me is hilarious.  She & I both talk to ourselves and rant about people peeing on seats or salespeople complaining about stupid things & generally see eye to eye.  As I have said before, I am an old lady at heart.  I gave this doll a Valentine b/c she makes me so happy.


Bob & Tom (on KRXO 107.7)


I have at least 30 - 45 minutes to commute to & from work each day & the mornings are much better because of this show.  I tell stories about them like I am actually friends with them & I am seriously considering getting a VIP membership to their site even though we all know that's a dumb idea.  Isn't it?  I also admit that I have a crush on Chick.








market pantry dried apricots, cranberries, banana chips & SunMaid raisins

These puppies are not only delicious, but they help me get in a good amount of fruit AND fiber.  It took me awhile to figure out why I was having normal BMs until I realized that my 4-5 dried apricots & new coffee addiction were the culprits.  I'm so happy now.  Don't get the dried apples, they taste like someone peed on some earwax.


Black & Decker 5-cup coffee maker

This has been a lifesaver.  The people I work with never clean the office coffeepot & I wanted some other flavor so I got myself this little guy for $10.50 at Super Target.  It got bad reviews on target.com BUT I figure some people had success & it's only $10.50 so why not?  So far so good, but don't hold me to it.  I registered my warranty, though.  I'm not stupid.  Well a little, I don't know how much that actually helps when something is a piece of shit.







The Laughing Cow Light Blue Cheese

Just got them last night.  Ate it today on raw tomato & carrots.  Dear God, if you love blue cheese, don't hesitate to get these little guys.  Nom nom nom.











Grooveshark

I LOVE that it quenches my thirst to download illegal music without being illegal about it.  I can make playlists or listen to the radio for FREE so it makes my day better at all times.  I will say it can be a drag when they don't have what I want, but oh well, good outweighs bad.









Cadbury creme eggs

Either you are in the camp that is disgusted by these & the people who love them, or you are one of the nasty weirdos that joyfully licks that sugar-packed creme out of that delectable chocolate shell.  Clearly, I am in the fatass camp.  But when I get to have my Cadbury egg for the day (since I decided this week they are my new daily vitamin) my day is instantly better.




Warehouse vending machines

Whenever I am bored or need to get up & walk around or I just need some soda & treats, I go through our break room to the warehouse & buy a 65 cent can of Diet Coke and an 85 cent candy bar.  It makes me feel like I did when I went to camp & at the beginning of the week you could pay $10 and pick out a candy bar & soda that you got to have for each day of the week when the camp closed down for siesta.  I wish that was my life now, but alas, it is not & I have to settle instead for a soda with barely any fizz & the regret of eating a candy bar I don't need. I'm not bitter, but this is my reality and these little things still bring happiness & fond memories.


L'Oreal lipstick in Rambling Rose

Can't remember which line the lipstick is in, but it's the line that's on sale for $1 less at Target right now.  I love it b/c when I am bored and have a quick sec, I put it on and stare at my lips.  And then I get back to work.


These are a few of my favorite things - mostly food - that get me through my new, full-time working stage of life.  I have some funny things to share about my workplace at a later date, but for now, you get to read my vices.  If I were Oprah and people showed up for my Favorite Things show & this is what I gave them, I'm pretty sure I would get banana cream-pied.  If nothing else, this list reminds me how lucky I am that this many things make me happy and for once I don't have a shit job.


flowers & sunshine,


bunny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that Lean Cuisine! It is the best...I usually have to have like 8 snacks afterward because they aren't the least bit filling, but it works for $3.whatever!

ps. Grooveshark IS the best ;)