Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ticket to the world

I'm feeling bloggy today (sounds like I'm stinky, bloated & maybe even covered in swamp water) but I need to work.  But I want to write.  But I shouldn't.  But I'm going to.  So here are some thoughts of the day to tide you over until I have more time:

Chips of the Future = Limon Lay's

I enjoyed these buggers for the first time last night and have decided they are my chips.  These and salt & vinegar chips.  Mmmmmmm.....  When I eat these I am transported to my Future House of America that is being built (soon), on my covered patio, listening to Allman Brothers & drinking a Corona in my favorite floppy hat and no pants.  In reality, my dog will probably be taking a poo in the yard and looking at me with that ashamed look in his eye at the same time, so that snaps me back to my desk at work.  Oh, reality, you devil, you.




Girl Scouts are the devil

I have been binging on Girl Scout cookies lately and I'm angry.  Stop making delicious cookies and being adorable and making me want to buy more that just sit in my pantry and appear when I am finally eating better and curbing my hummingbird ways.  And then it's Binge Part VI.  You know why that little girl is so happy?  B/c she still hasn't hit that age where you REALLY start showing all the cookies you've been eating.  Plus she looks like she has a good mom that doesn't let her binge.  But I'm a grown-up.  So I blame those little girls.

Also, the pictures of the girls on the boxes are old, update them, please.  I know that at this point, all those little girls have mortgages & fat kids binging on Girl Scout cookies, so stop lying to us.  I was a Girl Scout at one point, I must admit, so I contributed to the problem.  Dammit.  Argument destroyed.

***I'm not a raving lunatic!: ABC 7 News Sarasota

Ga. Girl Scouts fear arrest for cookie peddling ***


Turbans

They're the new hot thing out there, but for the record, I would like to say that I called this two years ago.  I was on a sewing site and a little old lady posted a pattern for a turban and I thought, "I should make that!  These totally need to come back."  But like all my good ideas, Anna Wintour got in her Professor X dome & heard my thoughts.  This also happened with cowboy boots.  I'd like some sort of recognition, so I guess the three people that read this will have to do.

Turbans as the hot item only prove further that I need to really sit down and sew and not worry that I am not as good at it as my mom.  I also need to not throw my pencil skirts I slave over into the recycling bin when things go terribly wrong.  On that same note, that is not proper recycling so don't do that.

This is it for now.  Unless you are friends with Anna Wintour and she lets you sit in her Professor X dome.


flowers & sunshine,

bunny

1 comment:

*Amber* aka Suzy SINsation said...

If you like watching roller derby, you should try participating! It's really a blast, the bout you attended was my first time to play in front of a real crowd. :)