Monday, April 18, 2011

Don't Stop Now

This is a quickie today BUT I am really excited b/c my husby got us tickets (along with some of our friends) to go see Dave Sedaris tonight.  He is going to be at Rose State College, reading & signing & meeting fans.  I am actually really nervous b/c I have no idea what to say.  I don't want to be a lame ass that just says "Love your work!  Can I blow you now?"  I always dream that I will be out & about & meet someone I admire and say something really cool that makes them want to be my friend forever & ever & we write books and make fun of tabloids together over french fries & shakes before we continue shopping for our designer clothes.  In this fantasy I have lost a size or two.  So to ease my nerves & make everyone happy, I leave you with this:

Sedaris, Beach Party & famous BFFs,

bunny

2 comments:

Aaron said...

HAHAHA! "Love your work! Can I blow you now?"
As if he'd accept such an offer from you... Now Kam on the other hand... ;-)
So how was the show? Was he as great in person as he is to read and listen to in audio recordings? What DID you say if/when you met him?

jojo bunny said...

HAHA this is true! The show was incredible. He read from Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk, Me Talk Pretty One Day & his diary. Great time & as wonderful to listen to as usual. I did not get to meet him b/c the line wrapped around & I would have waited for HOURS. And I was reallllllyyyy tired. So I went & got beer & stuffed pretzels instead :) I had decided I wanted to ask him about how he felt about One Life to Live & All My Children getting cancelled tho!