Thursday, June 9, 2011

Opposites Attract

One of my dear friends referred me to the blog Awesome People Hanging Out Together.  Of course I love this.  It's like my obsession with seeing outtakes & making ofs: I like to see these people working & being normal & having fun doing something I have wanted to do my whole life or at some point in my life.  And they aren't being a character.  It's them.  It's like I can't wrap my head around it b/c I become so engrossed by a movie I forget it isn't real.  So I stare in awe.  There were two that had a great impact on me, though, and they are on completely different ends of the spectrum.

Charlie Chaplin & Helen Keller
That one chokes me up.  I can't help it and I refuse to explain because it speaks for itself.


Pee Wee Herman & Regis Philbin
This also needs no introduction.  But please giggle as much as I did which was approximately one minute before I slipped into shock b/c this photo is so brilliant.

When I was looking through all of these pictures with icons being buddy-buddy, I couldn't help but think of how awesome it all seems, but how mundane some of the conversations probably were. Like, "Dude, I mean Sidney Poitier, I just had the BEST garlic chicken EVER."  Love, Barbra Streisand.

Sorry I haven't been posting a lot lately.  Busy trying to get the hell out of Dodge and up to Michigan so I can hurry up & relax for a week.  Patience is a virtue, though, so think about that...

Chinese food & icons,

bunny

No comments: