Friday, December 16, 2011

Hitchens

If you haven't seen it everywhere already, Christopher Hitchens, a fantastic writer with opinions, oh so many & very strong opinions, passed away after a year and a half with throat cancer. I first saw him on Real Time with Bill Maher, and whether I agreed with him or not, I admired the way he just said what he thought while expecting the same from everyone else. Wanting to read up on the life & death of such a legendary writer & person, I found an excellent article on Huffington Post by a close friend of Hitchens, David Frum. I suggest you read if you are in the middle of a love affair with the man or you are hearing about him for the first time:
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/david-frum/christopher-hitchens-1949_b_1152895.html

I also found this great picture of him & his wife, writer Carol Blue




















Rest in peace, Christopher Hitchens, and my condolences to all of his friends and family. Here is to a man that didn't hold back in any capacity, whether you liked it or not.



fearless people, flowers & sunshine,
bunny

No comments: